Established in 2006, SSoMaC is a unit of Sambad-Ama Odisha Charitable Trust. The Trust, registered on 26.6.2006 under Indian Trust Act is devoted to promotion of culture, media and education among others. SSoMaC has been given government approval vide letter no.3129/TC of 29.7.2006 of Department of Culture, Government of Orissa. SSoMaC is affiliated to Utkal University of Culture. The Board of Studies of Utkal University of Culture has recommended and the Academic Council has approved the syllabus for the MAJMC Degree course from time to time.
SSoMaC has its permanent campus at NH-16, Daleiput, Khurdha, 750256. It has also a city campus at A/62, Nayapalli, Bhubaneswar, which is very much in the heart of the city.
SSoMaC Value Addition
- The promoters are in the media business since last 3 decades.
- Eastern Media Limited (EML), a public Limited Company, publishes “Sambad”, the largest circulated Odia daily.
- EML has an FM division – Radio Choklate 104.
- EML has a 24*7 news channel - Kanak TV.
- Rich experience in cinema production and Digital TV operation.
- The students get exposed to large panorama of voluntary activities of Ama Odisha, actively associated with blood donation camp and cultural movement.
- And the vision of a man with over 4 decades of unstinted contribution to media industry in Odisha – Shri Soumya Ranjan Pattnaik.
- Eminent media professionals as guests / visiting faculties.
- Students of journalism get an opportunity to get their stories published even before they pass out.
- SSoMaC has a 100% placement record. It guarantees 100% placement for deserving students who qualify with the expected grade and poses good conduct.